Applications are presently being accepted for the Globalink Research Internship in Canada for the academic year 2023, which is aimed at undergraduate students from other countries. Applicants from certain nations have been extended an invitation to submit their resumes for the chance to obtain work experience in Canada.
The top-ranked applicants are given the opportunity to participate in a research internship at a Canadian university from May until October of each year. These internships are offered in a wide variety of academic fields, including science, engineering, and mathematics, as well as the humanities and social sciences.
Program Type: Undergraduate Internships
Program Location: Canada
Program Duration: 12-weeks
Available Slots: Several
Basic Qualifications: Undergraduate Students
Nationality: International Applicants
Criteria to Meet for Acceptance for the Globalink Research Internship 2023
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application
- Be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or combined undergraduate/master’s program at an eligible institution (see list of eligible institutions by country)
- Have one to three semesters remaining in their program as of Fall 2023 (see requirement by country)
- Meet the grade requirements for their country of study (see GPA requirements for each international partner)
- Apply to a minimum of three and a maximum of seven projects and ensure selections are from at least three different Canadian provinces
- Be fluent in the oral and written language of the project (English and/or French)
- Be available to complete an internship lasting 12 consecutive weeks between May 1 and October 31
The Mitacs Globalink Research Internship is a competitive program that is open to undergraduate students from international universities in the following countries and regions: Australia, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Pakistan, South Korea, Taiwan, Tunisia, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
The Advantages of Having an Internship
- A 12-week internship that increases your knowledge of and explores hands-on research in your field of study
- Work under the supervision of outstanding faculty members, with graduate students and research associates
- Access to Canada’s unique research landscape: applied, dynamic, and innovative
- A rewarding experience combining academic research at a Canadian university, professional skills development courses and social activities
- A chance for you to explore your independence and gain international experience in a new country
- The opportunity to connect with potential graduate supervisors should you be interested in returning to Canada for graduate studies with a Mitacs Globalink Graduate Fellowship.
Procedures for Making Applications
Instructions for Applying: Applications for the can be submitted electronically; to do so, go here. It is strongly recommended that you review the eligibility requirements and application requirements before submitting an application. The submission of your “university transcripts,” amongst other things, is an essential part of the application process and is required to take place.
The deadline for applications is September 27th, 2022.