CIFAR is pleased to extend an invitation to outstanding early-career researchers working in any of the natural, biomedical, social, or humanities-related fields to apply for participation in the CIFAR AZRIELI Global Scholars Program. This program is one of our interdisciplinary research programs that aims to answer some of the most pressing questions confronting both science and humanity.
The governments of Canada, Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec, in addition to other international partner organizations, individuals, foundations, and corporations, provide financial assistance to CIFAR. CIFAR is also a recipient of in-kind contributions.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): CIFAR Azrieli, Canada
Host Institution(s): MaRS Centre, West Tower, Canada
Scholarship Worth: $100,000 over two years
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduates
Nationality: All Nationalities
INFORMATION | The CIFAR AZRIELI Global Scholars Program [DETAILS]
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program is comprised of three primary components, each of which contributes in its own unique way to the cultivation of future research leaders:
- Participating in a CIFAR Research Program – An Interdisciplinary Network of Fellows
- Strengthening Leadership and Communication Skills
- Increasing Impact Within and Outside of Academia
Some examples of potential leadership opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading a research project in collaboration with other CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars or CIFAR Fellows
- Organizing a Winter/Summer School aligned with a CIFAR research program
- Leading or contributing to a knowledge mobilization activity with other CIFAR Fellows
- Discussing research with stakeholders in academia, policy or business to understand different perspectives and influence change
- Writing and publishing an op-ed piece
- Delivering a public lecture
The Criteria for Eligibility
Applicants are expected to achieve the following requirements in order to qualify for the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program:
- Applicants may be based anywhere in the world
- Applicants must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of starting a full-time research position at an institution of higher education or research.
- Scholars’ research interests should complement the themes and goals of a recruiting CIFAR research program.
Procedures for Making Applications
How-to-Apply: Applicants for the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program should take the following procedures in order to be considered for the program:
- To create an account, please use the Register If you have an existing account, please use the Log In button. Important Note: Please register or login by providing your first name, last name, email address and a password. Do NOT register or login with Facebook, Twitter or Google.
- Once logged in, please select your purpose from the provided option(s) to proceed to the appropriate submission form.
Application Deadline: October 25, 2022