For the York Science Scholars Award 2023/2024 in Canada, applications are currently being accepted from students located anywhere in the world who meet the requirements. The award is part of an effort by the Faculty of Science at York University in Canada to entice students with exceptional intellects to pursue academic careers in the scientific disciplines.
The York Science Scholars Award (YSSA) program at the Faculty of Science at York University is currently accepting applications for its coveted York Science Scholars Award. The Science Scholars program is designed to foster the intellectual and career development of high-achieving and passionate science students who are entering the Faculty. This is done in accordance with the mission of the program, which is to prepare global thinkers to advance knowledge and human progress.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): York University.
Scholarships to be taken at: York University, Canada.
Scholarship Type: Partial funding/Education Support.
Scholarship Worth: Up to $10,000.
Number of Awards: 25 scholarships to be awarded
Scholarship level: Undergraduate.
Nationality: Domestic and International students
INFORMATION | York Science Scholars Award for the 2023/2024 Academic Year
Awards in the amount of $10,000 are given out to each of up to twenty-five first-year students who participate in the York Science Scholars program. This Faculty of Science award is evaluated independently from any other York University or Faculty of Science admissions awards or scholarships, and it is considered in addition to those prizes.
The York Science Scholars Award, which totals $10,000, will be distributed as follows:
$5,000 as an entrance scholarship
$5,000 as a guaranteed summer research position following the first year of study
The Criteria for Eligibility
The application process for this program is open to any and all students, both Canadian and International, who have submitted an admissions application to the Faculty of Science at York University for full-time study beginning in the Fall of 2023. Students who have only recently joined the Faculty of Science for their first year are ineligible to receive this award.
The remaining criteria are organized as follows:
1) High academic achievement: Although we consider the YSSA applications holistically, competitive applications tend to have a minimum average of A- (80%, or its equivalent) and higher.
2) Demonstrated passion for science and community service, demonstrated leadership skills, and a desire to make a difference for their communities.
3) Well-rounded candidates who demonstrate involvement beyond academics, for example, in community service, achievement in sports, the arts, or hobbies.
4) English Language Scores:
For international students requiring an English language test for admission to York University, competitive English test scores are:
• YELT: band 1
• TOEFL: iBT 100
• IELTS: 7.5
Procedures for Making Applications
Applications for the YSSA should be sent directly to the Faculty of Science by the deadline of March 1, 2023 at 11:59 p.m., and should either be submitted online or in paper copy.
1) Complete the application form: You can fill out the application form through our online portal.
2) Write your personal statements: Please read the guidelines carefully and choose two topics in which you are the most passionate about.
3.) Complete other steps: Complete all other steps as stated at the official application portal.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2023.